Miso Soup Kombu Dashi
This recipe is featured in the 'Mermaid Handbook; A guide to the mermaid way of life". Traditional Japanese miso soup is made from a seaweed soup stock called 'Dashi' which uses Pacific Wakame and provides a source of nourishment. This vegan miso soup uses Atlantic Wakame and does not use dried Bonito flakes.
- 20g dried Atlantic Wakame
- 4 cups water
- 3 tbsp organic miso paste
- 1/2 cup tofu, diced small (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced Portobello or shitake mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tbsp gluten-free tamari soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
Bring the wakame and water to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer on low for 15 minutes. Remove the seaweed from the water and whisk in miso paste until dissolved. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Author: Taylor Widrig